Thursday, February 5, 2009

Lux Interior: Aloha From Hell


Lux Interior of The Cramps has moved on to a planet a galaxy away.

At the age of 62, Lux passed away due to what the papers are calling only "a pre-existing heart condition". For those of you who are only peripherally aware of His Luxitude, he and his lovely wife Poison Ivy fronted one of the greatest rock and roll bands in history, one whose self-determinism knew no boundaries.

Some quotations from Chairman Lux:

"I can teach you how to read the book of life,
you can just look at the pictures if you like."

- "Thee Most Exalted Potentate of Love"

"They say that virtue is its own reward
But when that sun comes in I'm gonna get my board
I got my own ideas about the righteous kick
You can keep the rewards, I'd just as soon stay sick."

- "Bikini Girls with Machine Guns"

No comments:

Post a Comment